Create quick and easy frame-able wall art!
- Start out by spray painting a few coats on glass, wood, or metal with chalk board spray paint. You can usually find this where ever they sell regular spray paint.
- Choose your quote! I chose “Do what you love” because it’s something I need a constant reminder of.
- Create your stencil by tracing it on cardstock and cutting it out with an x-acto knife. Since I’m pretty lazy, I cut out my stencil using my Silhouette Cameo machine.
- Tape the stencil down to the spray painted surface and fill in with chalk. To create the outlined effect, I rubbed the excess chalk powder to the edges.
- If you are using wood, make the outline on the letters pop by spraying the surface with clear spray paint. This will make the insides of the letters fade and the grain of the wood show through.
- Let dry and frame it up!
I picked this frame up at Good Will for less than 5 dollars. Eventually I plan to create a whole wall of vintage framed chalk art!
WHAT I USED: Particle board, cardstock to create the stencil, Crayola chalk, Rust-oleum chalk board paint, Mod Podge clear sealer.